Charu Taneja, MD
Assistant Professor of Surgery (Clinical), Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Accepting New Patients
Board Certification: American Board of Surgery
Medical School: University of Delhi Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India
Residency: General Surgery - University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ
Fellowship: Surgical Oncology - Roger Williams Medical Center, Boston University, Providence, RI
Memberships in Societies:
American College of Surgeons
American Society of Clinical Oncology
American Society of Breast Surgeons
Society of Surgical Oncology
The Miriam Hospital
Rhode Island Hospital
Women & Infants Hospital
- Taneja C. Evaluation of Estrogen and Androgen receptors in thyroid disorders. Thesis accepted toward the degree of Master of Surgery, University of Delhi, Department of Surgery, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India.
- Taneja C, Deitch EA. Preoperative guidelines for elective surgery. In Deitch EA (ed.): Tools of the trade and rules of the road. A surgical guide. Lippincott – Raven, Philadelphia, PA.
- Taneja C, Prescott L, and Koneru B. The critical preservation injury in rat fatty livers is to the hepatocytes, not the sinusoidal lining cells. Transplantation 1998; 65(2): 167-172.
- Taneja C, Gardner B. Therapeutic benefit of axillary lymph node dissection in breast carcinoma. In Bland KI, Copeland EM (Ed.): The Breast. Comprehensive management of benign and malignant diseases. 2nd W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, PA.
- Gervasoni JE, Taneja C, Chung MA, and Cady B. Axillary dissection: Its past, present and future in the context of the biology of lymph node metastases. Am J Surgery 2000; 180(4): 278-283.
- Gervasoni JE, Taneja C, Chung MA and Cady B. Biologic and clinical significance of lymphadenectomy. Surg Clin N Am 2000; 80(6): 1631 – 1673.
- Taneja C, Allen H, Koness RJ, Radie-Keane K, and Wanebo HJ. Changing patterns of failure of head and neck cancer. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2002; 128: 324-327.
- Taneja C, and Wanebo HJ. Management of Inapparent gallbladder carcinoma. Pandey M, Shukla VK (eds). Gallbladder cancer, First edition. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P), New Delhi 2003.
- Taneja C, and Wanebo HJ. Tumors of the Stomach. Conn’s Current Therapy 2005. Rakel and Bope (Editors). Elsevier Publishing, Philadelphia.
- Taneja C, and Cady B. The decreasing role of the lymphatic system in Surgical Oncology. J Surg Oncol 2005;89(2):61-66.
- Natarajan S, Taneja C, and Cady B. Evolution of lymph node dissection in Surgical Oncology. Surg Oncol Clin N Am 2005; 14 (3): 447-459.
- DiSiena MR, Taneja C, Wanebo HJ. Radical gastrectomy and lymphadenectomy: historic overview, surgical trends and lessons from the past. Surg Oncol Clin N Am 2005; 14(3): 511-532.
- Somasundar P, Gass J, Steinhoff, M, Koelliker S, Dizon D, Cady B and Taneja C. Role of Ultrasound-guided Axillary FNA in the management of Invasive Breast Cancer. American J Surg 2006;192(4): 458-61.
- Bhandari T, Dizon DS, Taneja C, Gass J, Masko GD, and Strenger R. Clinical Characteristics of women presenting with skin only recurrences. American J Surg 2007; 194(4): 494-6.
- Dizon DS, Tejada-Berges T, Steinhoff MM, Sung CJ, Koelliker S Khalil HI, O’Connor B, MacAusland S, Taneja C, Legare RD, and Gass JS. Chapter 29 (pp897-946); Breast Cancer. In: Practice and Principles of Gynecologic Oncology, 5th RR Barakat, M Markman, ME Randall, Eds. Baltimore: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 2009.
- Dizon DS, Perez K, DiSilvestro P, Taneja C, and Ilson D. Stage IV small bowel carcinoma mimicking advanced ovarian cancer. Am Surgeon 2009; 75(9): 864-5.
- Foster B, Sindhu K, Hepel J, Wazer D, Graves TA, Taneja C, Wiggins D, and Leonard K. Three-dimensional bioabsorbable tissue marker placement is associated with decreased tumor bed volume among patients receiving radiation therapy for breast cancer. Practical Radiation Oncology 2019; 9(2) 134-41.
Providence - 2 Dudley Street, Suite 470