Rhode Island Pediatric Surgery
Pediatric Surgical Care from Newborns Through Teens
Pediatric surgeons specialize in the surgical care of children from newborns through teens.
The field is not limited to complex congenital problems but may include most organ systems, including disorders or issues with the head and neck, soft tissue, abdomen, and chest. The types of pediatric issues we treat include:
Pediatric Surgery For:
- Adolescent Bariatric Surgery
- Anorectal disorders
- Birth defects
- Diaphragmatic hernia
- Gastrointestinal (GI) tract issues
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Hirschsprung’s disease
- Hydrocele (fluid accumulation in the scrotum)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Lung lesions
- Ovarian cysts
- Pyloric stenosis
- Undescended testes
At Brown Surgical Associates, our pediatric surgeons perform both traditional and advanced minimally invasive techniques.
Our pediatric surgeons are all board-certified in general surgery and pediatric surgery. We also have providers who specialize in fetal surgery. Our surgical care is provided in conjunction with other pediatric specialists at Hasbro Children's Hospital and Women & Infants Hospital.
To schedule an appointment with a pediatric surgeon, choose from the list below and call that doctor directly. If you have questions about our pediatric surgery services or which doctor to choose, call us at (401) 421-1939.
BSA Peds Surgery Specialists
- Artur Chernoguz , MD, FACS
- Peter Kim, MD, PhDSpecialty: Pediatric Surgery Thoracic Surgery
- Julie Monteagudo, MDSpecialty: Fetal Surgery Pediatric Surgery
- Cornelius Ead, MSN, CPNP
- Hillary Lorenco, CPNP
- Andrew McCarthy, CPNP
- Britta Renzulli, PA-C
Videos: Chief of Pediatric Surgery at Hasbro Children’s Hospital
Meet Brown Surgical Associates’ Francois Luks, MD, PhD, FACS, pediatric surgeon-in-chief and division chief of pediatric surgery at Hasbro Children’s Hospital, the pediatric division of Rhode Island Hospital.
Dr. Francois I. Luks of Brown Surgical Associates’ pediatric surgery division gets recognition for the first successful in-utero spina bifida surgery performed in Providence, Rhode Island.
Pediatric Surgery Resources
- American Pediatric Surgical Association: Resources for Patients & Families
- Pediatric Surgical Services at Hasbro Children’s Hospital