Rhode Island Colorectal Surgery
Comprehensive Care for Colorectal Conditions
Brown Surgical Associates’ division of colorectal surgery offers multidisciplinary expertise in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of the anus, colon, and rectum.
Patient care is integrated with screening tests, prevention strategies, nutrition management, education, and support services for patients and their families, as well as attention to quality-of-life issues. The division also offers a nationally accredited physician residency program for teaching and research.
We evaluate, diagnose, and treat a number of conditions, including:
- Colorectal cancer
- Premalignant conditions
- Inflammatory bowel disease (such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Benign anorectal conditions such as hemorrhoids, fistulas, and fissures
- Functional disorders such as incontinence, prolapse, and rectocele
Particular emphasis is placed on procedures that avoid a permanent colostomy or ileostomy bag. Our surgeons are recognized nationally and internationally as leaders in the field of minimally invasive, endoscopic, and laparoscopic procedures. Our surgical outcomes exceed national standards of excellence and safety.
To schedule an appointment with a colorectal surgeon, choose from the list below and call that doctor directly. If you have questions, call us at (401) 725-4888.
BSA Colorectal Surgery Specialists
Collectively, our physicians have more than 60 years of experience treating colorectal conditions and diseases. All of our physicians are board certified and hold faculty positions at the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
- Katherine A. Baysinger, MD, FACS
- Adam Klipfel, MD, FACS, FASCRS
- Leslie Roth, MD, FACS, FASCRS
- Steven Schechter, MD, FACS, FASCRS
- Matthew D. Vrees, MD
Video: Tour of the Colorectal Clinic at Brown Surgical Associates
Dr. Steven Schechter of Brown Surgical Associates provides a tour of the colorectal clinic:
Colorectal Surgery Forms
Below are forms required at each new-patient visit. Please download and bring the completed forms with you to your first visit with one of Brown Surgical Associates’ colorectal surgery specialists:
Colorectal Surgery Resources
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons Patient Information
- American Cancer Society: Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer Alliance
- Fight Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer Multidisciplinary Clinic of the Lifespan Cancer Institute