Insurance & Payment Information
At Brown Surgical Associates, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to view your billing statements, manage your account, and make payments. Use our online bill pay portal to do both now – it’s that quick and easy. You’ll also find a collection of frequently asked questions that answer the most popular billing questions.
We accept Medicare and most major insurance plans. If your insurance requires you to pay a co-payment, co-insurance, and/or a deductible, you will need to pay at the time of your visit.
For your convenience, we accept cash, checks, and most major credit cards. Please contact your insurance company or you may call our billing office at (401) 453-9625 to find out if we accept your plan.
Our Billing Policy
Our goal is to provide and maintain a good physician-patient relationship. Please understand that payment for services is part of that relationship. Your understanding of our financial policy allows for open communication. Please do not hesitate to ask questions regarding this policy.
- Contact your insurance company if you have questions regarding benefits or covered services. Insurance plans vary considerably. It is the responsibility of the patient to provide accurate insurance information. Inaccurate information can result in denials and/or noncoverage by your insurance company. This may result in the guarantor being responsible for payment.
- Brown Surgical Associates participates with a variety of insurance companies. Please check with our billing department at (401) 453-9625 to determine if we participate with your plan.
- If your insurance requires a referral to a specialist, contact your primary care provider. Advance notice is required for some offices. Contact your PCP as soon as you make your appointment.
- According to your insurance company, you are responsible for any and all co-payments, deductibles, and co-insurances at the time of service.
- If you have an outstanding balance, payment is expected the day of your appointment.
- If you are uninsured, payment is expected the day service is rendered. If you would like to discuss payment arrangements, please contact the Brown Surgical Associates billing department at (401) 453-9625.
- Bring a photo ID or another form of identification.
- Bring your health insurance card.
- Please inform us if there are any changes to your insurance or demographic information.
- Bring any forms that have been mailed to you. For your convenience, new patient forms are available on this website.
- Be prepared to make any co-payments or deductibles at the time service is rendered.
- If you are unable to pay your balance in full please contact the Brown Surgical Associates billing department at (401) 453-9625 to make payment arrangements.
- If you have questions regarding your statement, please contact the billing department.
- Please make timely payments. For your convenience, you can pay your bill online.
If you have any billing or insurance questions, do not hesitate to call the billing specialists at Brown Surgical Associates at (401) 453-9625.