Refill My Prescription
Prescriptions and refills for established patients of Brown Surgical Associates are routinely issued between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. You can make your request by:
- Calling your doctor’s office directly or
- Having your pharmacy fax the request to your doctor’s office
Phone and fax numbers are on each doctor’s profile. Find your provider now. We will respond to your request within 2 business days. Please note our opioid prescription guidelines below.
Opioid Prescription Guidelines
Brown Surgical Associates is committed to ensuring pain control for our patients and adhering to safe opioid prescribing practices as outlined by Rhode Island state law.
Our providers will:
- Have a discussion regarding postoperative pain expectations and your pain management plan with you before your procedure.
- Only respond to prescription refill requests during normal business hours. If you call after our offices have closed, please anticipate that your refill request will not be reviewed until the next business day. You may be asked to come into the office to assess whether there are any potential postoperative complications that may be causing you pain.
- If you currently see an addiction medicine specialist, please inform your surgeon. Our providers will coordinate a postoperative pain management plan with your specialist before your operation. The expectation is that you will be transitioned back to your addiction medicine specialist for pain management after discharge from the hospital.