Doreen Wiggins, MD, FACS, FACOG, MHL
Associate Professor of Surgery and Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinician Educator, Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Director of Women's Cancer Survivorship
Accepting New Patients
Board Certification: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education: Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Providence, RI
Residency: Women & Infants Hospital, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI
Breast Disease - Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI
Master's in Healthcare Leadership (MHL) - Brown University School of Medicine, Program in Women's Oncology, Providence, RI
Memberships in Societies:
Fellow - American College of Surgeons (FACS)
Fellow - American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (FACOG)
American Society of Breast Surgeons
American Society of Clinical Oncology
Society of Gynecologic Oncology
Society of Surgical Oncology
American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
The Miriam Hospital
Rhode Island Hospital
Women & Infants Hospital
In the News
- Breast Cancer & Yoga: Expert Insights with Breast Cancer Surgeon Doreen Wiggins, MD (11/21/2022)
- Survivor Story: Portsmouth Woman Beats Breast Cancer, Runs Boston Marathon (4/27/2022)
- Dr. Wiggins prescribing yoga to deal with pandemic stress (5/18/2020)
- Dr. Wiggins uses yoga training to uplift others during COVID-19 crisis (4/22/2020)
- Dr. Wiggins shares how yoga helps patients move beyond cancer fear (4/21/2020)
- Leyden (Wiggins) DA, et al: Teaching Behavioral Medicine Using Coronary Heart Disease Risk Factors. Preventive Medicine, 16:269-273, 1987.
- Pricolo V and Chadwick (Wiggins) DA: Surgical Management of Cushing’s Syndrome with Adrenal Cortical Adenoma during Pregnancy. Surgery, 108:1072-1078, 1990.
- Ferland RJ and Chadwick (Wiggins) DA: An Ectopic Pregnancy in the Upper Retroperitoneum Following In Vitro Fertilization and Embryo Transfer. Obstetrics and Gynecology, 78:544-546, 1991.
- Wiggins DL, Granai CO, Steinhoff MM, and Calabresi P: Tumor Angiogenesis as a Prognostic Factor in Cervical Carcinoma. Gynecologic Oncology, 56:353-356, 1995.
- Wiggins DL and Wiggins ME: The Female Athlete. Clin Sports Med, 16(4):593-612, 1997.
- DL Wiggins, R Wood, CO Granai, DS Dizon. Sex, Intimacy, and the Gynecologic Oncologist: Survey results of the New England Association of Gynecologic Oncologists (NEAGO) J Psychosocial Oncology Vol. 25 (4) 2007, doi:10.1300/J077v25n04_04.
- Hepel JT, Wiggins, DL et al: The Rationale, Technique, and Feasibility of Partial Breast Irradiation Using Noninvasive Image-Guided Breast Brachytherapy. Brachytherapy 2014 Sep-Oct, 13950:493-501. Doi; 10.1016/j.brachy.2014.05.014 Epub 2014 Jul 3.
- Gaitanidis A, Wiggins, DL et al. Trends in Incidence and Associated Risk Factors of Suicide Mortality Among Breast Cancer Patients. Psycho-Oncology. 2017 Oct 21. doi: 10.1002/pon. 4570 [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 29055289
- Ward R, Wiggins DL, et al: BioZorb Tissue Marker as Seen on Multiple Imaging Modalities. The Breast J. 2018 Mar;24(2) 207-209 doi: 10.1111/tbj. 12870. Epub 2017 Aug 14.
- Wang Y, Wiggins DL, et al: Diffuse Dermal Angiomatosis Mimicking Inflammatory Breast Carcinoma. The Breast J. 2018 Mar;24(2) 196-198 doi: 10.1111/tbj. 12866 Epub 2017 Jul 26.