Elizabeth J. Renaud, MD, FACS, FAAP
Associate Professor of Surgery (Clinician Educator), Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Associate Fellowship Program Director for Pediatric Surgery at Hasbro Children’s Hospital
Accepting New Patients
Board Certification: American Board of Surgery (General Surgery, Pediatric Surgery)
Education: University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
Residency: General Surgery - Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA
Research - Pediatric Surgical Research Laboratories, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Pediatric Surgery - Le Bonheur Children's Hospital and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
Memberships in Societies:
Fellow - American College of Surgeons (FACS)
Fellow - American Academy of Pediatrics (FAAP)
American Pediatric Surgical Association
International Pediatric Endosurgery Group
Pediatric Trauma Society
American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Association for Academic Surgery
Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma
Hasbro Children's Hospital
Women & Infants Hospital
- Felt, B., E. Mollen, S. Diaz, E. Renaud, M. Zeglis, G. Wheateroft, D. Mendelow. “Behavioral Interventions Reduce Infant Distress at Immunizations.” Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, July 2000; 154(7): 719-724.
- Teitelbaum, D., A. Coran, E. Renaud, T. Durant, R. Ciley, D. Bliss, N. Sherman. “Primary Endorectal Pull-Through for Hirschsprung’s Disease: A Multicenter Study.” Annals of Surgery, Sept 2000; 232(3): 372-380.
- Renaud, E., D. Liu, D. Teitelbaum. “Inferior Vena Cavectomy for Wilms’ Tumor: An Unusual Variant.” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Mar 2001; 36(3): 526-529.
- Renaud, E, E. Oliva, B. Rueda, D. MacLaughlin and P.K. Donahoe. “Endometrial Cancer is a Receptor Mediated Target for Mullerian Inhibiting Substance.” PNAS, Jan 2005; 102: 111-116.
- Williams, RF, Blakely ML, Fischer PE, Streck CJ, Dassinger MS, Gupta H, Renaud EJ, Eubanks JW, Huang EY, Hixson SD, Langham MR. “Diagnosing Ruptured Appendicitis Preoperatively in Pediatric Patients.” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, May 2009; 208(5): 819-25.
- Burr A, Renaud EJ, Cooley E, Makris J, Manno M, DeRoss A, Hirsh M. “Glowing in the Dark: Time of Day as a Determinant of Radiographic Imaging in the Evaluation of Abdominal Pain in Children.” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Jan 2011; Vol. 46(1):188-191.
- McGuire M, Manno M, Rook A, Maranda L, Renaud E, DeRoss A, Hirsh M. Goods for Guns – the Use of a Gun Buyback as an Injury Prevention/Community Education Tool. Journal of Trauma, Nov 2011; 71(5 supple 2): S537-40.
- Downard CD, Renaud E, St. Peter S, Abdullah F, Islam S, Saito JM, Blakely ML, Huang EY, Arca MJ, Cassidy L, Aspelund G. Treatment of Necrotizing Enterocolitis: An American Pediatric Surgical Association Outcomes and Clinical Trials Committee Systematic Review. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Nov 2012; 47(11): 2111-22.
- Kelleher DC, Renaud EJ, Erhlich PF, Burd RS, Pediatric Trauma Society Guidelines Committee. Guidelines for Alcohol Screening in Adolescent Trauma Patients: A Report from the Pediatric Trauma Society Guidelines Committee. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, Feb 2013; 74(2): 671-82.
- Gokarn N, Manwani D, Friedmann P, Borenstein SH, Jan D, Renaud E. Outcomes after early splenectomy for hematological disorders. Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques, Dec 2014; 24(12): 897-900.
- Rangel SJ, Islam S, St. Peter SD, Goldin AB, Abdullah F, Downard CD, Saito JM, Blakely ML, Puligandla PS, Dasgupta R, Austin M, Chen L, Renaud E, Arca MJ, Calkins CM. Prevention of infectious complications after elective colorectal surgery in children: an American Pediatric Surgical Association Outcomes and Clinical Trials Committee comprehensive review. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Jan 2015; 50(1): 192-200.
- Dassinger MS, Renaud EJ, Goldin A, Huang EY, Russell RT, Streck CJ, Tang X, Blakely ML. Use of real-time ultrasound during central venous catheter placement: results of an APSA survey. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, July 2015; 50(7): 1162-1167.
- Graziano K, Islam I, Dasgupta R, Lopez ME, Austin M, Chen L, Goldin A, Downard CD, Renaud E, Abdullah F. Asymptomatic malrotation: Diagnosis and surgical management. An American Pediatric Surgical Association Outcomes and Evidence Based Practice Committee systematic review. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Oct 2015; 50(10):1783-90.
- Puligandla PS, Grabowski J, Austin M, Hedrick H, Renaud E, Arnold M, Williams RF, Graziano K, Dasgupta R, McKee M, Lopez ME, Jancelewicz T, Goldin A, Downard CD, Islam S. Management of congenital diaphragmatic hernia: A systematic review from the APSA Outcomes and Evidence Based Practice committee. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Nov 2015; 50(11):1958-70.
- Gurien LA, Blakely ML, Russell RT, Streck CJ, Vogel AM, Renaud EJ, Savoie KB, Dassinger MS; Pediatric Surgery Research (PedSRC) Collaborative. Real-time ultrasonography for placement of central venous catheters in children: A multi-institutional study. Surgery, Dec 2016; 160(6): 1605-1611.
- Jancelewicz T, Lopez ME, Downard CD, Islam S, Baird R, Rangel SJ, Williams RF, Arnold MA, Lal D, Renaud E, Grabowski J, Dasgupta R, Austin M, Shelton J, Cameron D, Goldin AB. Surgical management of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in children: A systematic review. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Aug 2017; 52(8): 1228-1238.
- Downard CD, Calkins CM, Williams RF, Renaud EJ, Jancelewicz T, Grabowski J, Dasgupta R, McKee M, Baird R, Austin MT, Arnold MA, Goldin AB, Shelton J, Islam S. Treatment of congenital pulmonary airway malformations: a systematic review from the APSA outcomes and evidence based practice committee. Pediatr Surg Int, Sep 2017; 33(9): 939-953.
- Jensen AR, Renaud E, Drucker NA, Staszak J, Senay A, Umesh V, Williams RF, Markel TA. Why wait: early enteral feeding after pediatric gastrostomy tube placement. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Apr 2018; 53(4): 656-660.
- Dasgupta R, Renaud E, Goldin AB, Baird R, Cameron DB, Arnold MA, Diefenbach KA, Gosain A, Grabowski J, Guner YS, Jancelewicz T, Kawaguchi A, Lal DR, Oyetunji TA, Ricca RL, Shelton J, Somme S, Williams RF, Downard CD. Ovarian torsion in pediatric and adolescent patients: A systematic review. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, July 2018; 53(4): 656-660.
- Renaud EJ, Sømme S, Islam S, Cameron DB, Gates RL, Williams RF, Jancelewicz T, Oyetunji TA, Grabowski J, Diefenbach KA, Baird R, Arnold MA1, Lal DR, Shelton J, Guner YS, Gosain A, Kawaguchi AL, Ricca RL, Goldin AB, Dasgupta R. Ovarian masses in the child and adolescent: An American Pediatric Surgical Association Outcomes and Evidence-Based Practice Committee systematic review. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Sep 2018; pii: S0022-3468(18)30566-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2018.08.058. [Epub ahead of print]