Leslie Roth, MD, FACS, FASCRS
Associate Professor of Surgery, Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Co-Director, The Program for Pelvic Floor Disorders, Women’s Medicine Collaborative
Accepting New Patients
Leslie Roth, MD, FACS, FASCRS is Co-Director of the Program for Pelvic Floor Disorders in the Center for Women’s Gastrointestinal Medicine at the Women’s Medicine Collaborative and a Colorectal Surgeon at Brown Surgical Associates.
Dr. Roth is the Rosalyn and Joseph Sinclair Clinical Professor of Pelvic Floor Disorders and an Assistant Professor of surgery at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Arizona and her medical degree from the Tel Aviv University Sackler School of Medicine, New York State/American Program, in Ramat Aviv, Israel and New York.
She completed her residency at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. She is a graduate of the colon and rectal surgery fellowship at the University of Louisville in Kentucky. Dr. Roth is board certified in both general and colorectal surgery. She is also a Fellow of both the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
Dr. Roth’s areas of clinical interest and expertise include colon and rectal cancer surgery, colonoscopy, laparoscopic/minimally invasive surgery, benign anorectal conditions, fecal incontinence and other pelvic floor disorders.
American Board of Surgery
American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery
Education: Sackler School of Medicine, New York State American Program, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv Israel
Residency: General Surgery - Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey PA
Fellowship: Colon and Rectal Surgery - University of Louisville, KY
Memberships in Societies:
Fellow - American College of Surgeons (FACS)
Fellow - American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (FASCRS)
New England Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons
The Miriam Hospital
Rhode Island Hospital; Women & Infants Hospital
- Osborn IP, Cohen J, Soper RJ, Roth LA. Laryngeal mask airway – a novel method of airway protection during ERCP: comparison with endotracheal intubation; Gastrointest Endosc. 2002 Jul; 56(1):122-8.
- Meier AH, Roth LA, Cilley RE, Dillon PW. Completely Minimally Invasive Approach to Restorative Total Proctocolectomy with J-Pouch Construction in Children; Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2007 Oct; 17(5):418-21.
- McCafferty, MH, Roth, LA, Jorden, J. Current Management of Diverticulitis. Am Surg. 2008 Nov;74(11):1041-9.
- Galandiuk S, Roth LA, Greene QJ. Anal Incontinence – Sphincter Ani Repair: Indications, Techniques, Outcome. Langenbeck Arch. Surg. 2009 May; 394(3):425-33.
- Roth, LA. Fecal Incontinence. Medicine & Health/Rhode Island. 2010 November; 93(11):356-58.
- Perez K, Walsh R, Brillant K, Noble L, Yakirevich E, Breese V, Jackson C, Chatterjee D, Pricolo V, Roth L. A., Shah N, Cataldo T, Safran H, Hixson D, Quesenberry P. Heterogeneity of colorectal cancer (CRC) in reference to KRAS proto-oncogene utilizing WAVE technology. Exp Mol Pathol. 2013 Aug;95(1): 74-82.