Michael D. Connolly, MD, FACS
Associate Professor of Surgery, Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Accepting New Patients
Board Certification: American Board of Surgery (General Surgery, Surgical Critical Care)
Medical School: Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Residency: General Surgery - Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Providence, RI
Fellowship: Surgical Critical Care, Surgical Research - Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Providence, RI
Memberships in Societies:
Fellow - American College of Surgeons (FACS)
Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
Society of Critical Care Medicine
Rhode Island Hospital
Women & Infants Hospital
- Harrington DT, Connolly MD, Biffl WL, Majercik SD, Cioffi WG. Transfer times to definitive care facilities are too long: a consequence of an immature trauma system. Annals of Surgery. 2005, Jun; 241(6): 966-8.
- Daley JM, Thomay AA, Connolly MD, Reichner JS, Albina JE. Use of Ly6G-specific monoclonal antibody to deplete neutrophils in mice. Journal of Leukocyte Biology. 2008 Jan; 83(1): 64-70.
- Heffernan OS, Thakkar R, Monaghan S, Ravidran R, Adams CA, Kozloff MS, Gregg SC, Connolly MD, Machan JT, Cioffi WG. Normal presenting vital signs are unreliable in geriatric blunt trauma victims. J Trauma. 2010; 69(4): 813-820.
- Heffernan, OS, Vera RM, Monaghan SF, Thakkar RK, Kozloff MS, Connolly MD, Gregg SC, Machan JT, Harrington OT, Adams CA Jr, Cioffi WG. Impact of socioethnic factors on outcomes following traumatic brain injury. J Trauma. 2011 Mar; 70(3):527-34.
- Monaghan SF, Heffernan OS, Thakkar RK, Reinert SE, Machan JT, Connolly MD, Gregg SC, Kozloff MS, Adams CA Jr, Cioffi WG. The development of a urinary tract infection is associated with increased mortality in trauma patients. J Trauma. 2011 Dec; 71(6):1569-74.
- Thakkar RK, Monaghan SF, Adams CA Jr, Stephen A, Connolly MD, Gregg S, Cioffi WG, Heffernan OS. Empiric antibiotics pending bronchoalveolar lavage data in patients without pneumonia significantly alters the flora, but not the resistance profile, if a subsequent pneumonia develops. J Surg Res. 013 May; 181(2): 323-8.
- Monaghan SF, Adams CA Jr, Stephen AH, Connolly, MD, Gregg SC, Machan JT, Cioffi WG, Heffernan OS. Infections after trauma are associated with subsequent cardiac injury. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012 Nov; 73(5): 1079-84.
- Duron VP, Monaghan SF, Connolly MD, Gregg SC, Stephen AH, Adams CA Jr, Cioffi WG, Heffernan DS. Undiagnosed medical comorbidities in the uninsured: a significant predictor of mortality following trauma. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012 Nov; 73(5): 1093-8.
- Gregg SC, Heffernan DS, Connolly MD, Stephen AH, Lueckel SN, Harrington DT, Machan JT, Adams CA Jr, Cioffi WG. Teaching Leadership in Trauma Resuscitation: Immediate Feedback from a Real-Time, Competency-Based Evaluation Tool Shows Long-Term Improvement in Resident Performance. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2016 Aug 3.
- Gregg SC, Heffernan OS, Connolly MD, Stephen AH, Lueckel SN, Harrington DT, Machan JT, Adams CA Jr, Cioffi WG. Teaching leadership in trauma resuscitation: Immediate feedback from a real-time, competency-based evaluation tool shows long-term improvement in resident performance. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2016 Oct;81(4):729-34.doi: 10.1097/TA.0000000000001186
- Ottinger ME, Monaghan SF, Gregg SC, Stephen AH, Connolly MD, Harrington OT, Adams CA Jr, Cioffi WG, Heffernan OS. Trauma morning report is the ideal environment to teach and evaluate resident communication and sign-outs in the 80 hour work week. Injury. 2017 May 1. pii: S0020-1383(17)30321-2. doi: 10.1016/j.injury.2017.04.060
- Dressler, JA, Ryder BA, Monteiro K, Cheschi E, Connolly MD, Miner TJ, Harrington OT. “Tweet”-Format Reflective Writing: A Hidden Needs Assessment? J Surg Educ. Submitted.
Providence - 2 Dudley Street, Suite 470