Steven Milman, MD, FACS, FCCP
Assistant Professor of Surgery, Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Accepting New Patients
American Board of Surgery (General Surgery)
American Board of Thoracic Surgery
Medical School: Cornell University Weill Medical College, New York City, NY
Residency: General Surgery - Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Providence, RI
Fellowship: Cardiothoracic Surgery - Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
Memberships in Societies:
Fellow - American College of Surgeons (FACS)
Fellow - American College of Chest Physicians (FCCP)
Society of Thoracic Surgeons
New England Surgical Society
General Thoracic Surgical Club
Hospital Affiliations: Rhode Island Hospital
- Jules-Elysee K, Urban MK, Urquhart B, Milman S. Troponin I as a Diagnostic Marker of a Perioperative Myocardial Infarction in the Orthopedic Population. J Clin Anesth. 2001; 13: 556-60.
- Milman S, Ng T. Initial clinical outcomes after completion of training in a Canadian Royal College thoracic surgery program. Can J Surg. 2006; 49(6): 422-6.
- Milman S, Ng T, Harrington DT. Efficacy of preoperative methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus screening and chlorhexidine chest scrub in decreasing the incidence of post-resection empyema. J Am Coll Surg. 2008; 207(3): S33. Abstract only.
- Milman S, Kim AW, Farlow E, Liptay MJ. Enucleation of a Giant Esophageal Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor. Ann Thorac Surg. 2009; 87(5): 1603-5.
- Milman S, Kim AW, Warren WH, Liptay MJ, Miller C, Basu S, Faber LP. The incidence of perioperative anastomotic complications following sleeve lobectomy is not increased after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy. Ann Thorac Surg. 2009; 88(3): 945-50.
- Grimmer LE, Stafford TS, Milman S, Ng T. Efficacy of Pre-Operative Nasal Staphylococcus aureus Screening and Chlorhexidine Chest Scrub in Decreasing the Incidence of Post-Resection Empyema. Surg Infect. 2014; 15(2): 118-122.
- Geraci T, Baratta V, Young J, Milman S, Dunican A, Jones RN, Ng T. Lobectomy for lung cancer at Veterans Administration Medical Center versus academic medical center. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017; 103: 1715-22.
- Milman S, Ng T. Experience and patient selection are the keys to successful surgical treatment for nonlocalized bronchiectasis (editorial). J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017; 153:986.
- Milman S, Ng T. Tracheostomy after cardiac surgery: What have we learned? (editorial). J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017; 153:1401.
- Milman S, Ng T. Has the time come to declare video-assisted thoracic surgery lobectomy the standard of care for early-stage lung cancer? (editorial). Video-assist Thorac Surg. 2017; 2:66.
- Milman S, Ng T. Surgery for mesothelioma: Less is more, more or less (editorial). J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 155:1867-8.
- Young J, Geraci T, Milman S, Maslow A, Jones RN, Ng T. Risk factors for reinsertion of urinary catheter after early removal in thoracic surgical patients. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 156:430-5.
- Wang L, Milman S, Ng T. Atrio-oesophageal fistula after the cryomaze procedure. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. Published online Aug 2018.
- Ng T, Milman S. For sympathectomy, age is just a number (editorial). J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 156:1757-8.
- Milman S, Ng T. Robotic tracheobronchoplasty is feasible, but which patients truly benefit? (editorial) J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019; 157:801-2.
- Wang L, Milman S, Ng T. Atrio-oesophageal fistula after the cryomaze procedure. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2019; 55:795-7.
- Milman S, Ng T. Near-infrared fluorescence technology revisits an age-old debate. (editorial) J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019; 157:2070-1.
Providence - 2 Dudley Street, Suite 470