Most of our locations offer free parking. However, if you are visiting one of our offices located on the Rhode Island Hospital Campus, there is a fee to park:
- Under 30 minutes: Free
- 30 minutes to 2 hours: $5
- 2 to 4 hours: $6
- 4 to 24 hours: $7
Patients and visitors are requested to pay their parking ticket at one of the automated pay stations located throughout the hospital campus.
- The automated pay stations accept credit cards and cash, dispense change if necessary (and a receipt if desired), and may be used in either English or Spanish. They are designed to accommodate all patients and visitors, including those in wheelchairs.
- You will receive a ticket upon entrance to a parking lot. Please take your ticket with you and pay at the nearest pay station before you leave. You will have 30 minutes to exit the lot after you pay. A parking representative will be available in the lobby of the Main Building Monday through Sunday, 9 am to 8 pm to assist with validated tickets.
- Immediate family members of any patient with a stay over one week (5 days) are eligible for discounted parking vouchers with proof of admission. These vouchers may be obtained in the main lobby at the hours listed below. The vouchers will reduce the parking fee to $2.00 per day.
- Immediate family members of all patients with a current stay of two weeks (10 days) or longer may purchase a parking pass card to access the lots until the patient is discharged. The pass card may be purchased for a $5 fee at the parking office and main lobby. Payment in the main lobby is by credit card only. This card is only activated in one-month intervals. Families are only authorized a total of four (4) cards.
- All patients discharged from Rhode Island Hospital are given one free exit from the parking lots. Patients must show discharge paperwork upon exiting.
- Patients who receive medical treatment that is covered by Rite Care, Medicaid, and State Medical may park for free with your card and proof of medical appointment while exiting the parking lot.
- Anyone coming regularly (3 or more times per week) to the hospital for outpatient services may purchase a parking card for $35, which will allow unlimited access to the paid lots for a three-month period.
- Parents of a child admitted to Hasbro Children's Hospital pay a $2 parking fee per day with a receipt and hospital identification bracelet.
Emergency department patients may park free of charge in the garage beneath the Emergency Department (Dudley Street Garage) or the Willard Street Garage with a ticket validation stamp from the department.
If you need help at the parking exit, please press the help button on the ticket machine. If you have any questions about the parking payment system, please call the Rhode Island Hospital parking office at (401) 444-4013.
If you need assistance or have any other questions please contact your surgeon's office, and we will be happy to assist you.