Carla C. Moreira, MD, RPVI
Assistant Professor of Surgery, Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Chief of Vascular Surgery, Providence VA Medical Center
Accepting New Patients
American Board of Surgery
Alliance for Physician Certification & Advancement (Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation [RPVI])
Education: Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Providence, RI
Residency: General Surgery - Brown University, Providence, RI, and University of Chicago, IL
Fellowship: Vascular and Endovascular Surgery - Boston University, Boston, MA
Memberships in Societies:
American College of Surgeons
Society for Vascular Surgery
Vascular Study Group of New England
Providence VA Medical Center
Rhode Island Hospital
The Miriam Hospital
Women & Infants Hospital
In the News
- BSA Dr. Moreira Graces RI Monthly’s Top Doc Issue (4/25/2021)
- Dr. Moreira’s SURGE Lab Conducting Nationwide COVID-19 Vaccination Study (4/2/2021)
- National Wear Red Day brings attention to heart disease in women (2/11/2021)
- Dr. Moreira continues to keep finger on pulse of her community (10/16/2020)
- BSA’s Dr. Moreira works to build healthier communities (7/1/2020)
- Amid COVID-19 pandemic, Dr. Moreira reaching out to Cape Verdean community (4/9/2020)
- Carla Moreira: 19 Who Made a Difference in 2019 (1/23/2020)
- Beckwith C G, Moreira C C, Aboshady H M, Zaller N, Rich J D, Flanigan T P. A success story: HIV prevention for injection drug users in Rhode Island. Sub Abuse Treat Prev Policy. December 2006.
- Kwara A, DeLong A, Rezk N, Hogan J, Burtwell H, Chapman S, Moreira CC, Kurpewski J, Ingersoll J, Caliendo A, Kashuba A, Cu-Uvin S. Antiretroviral Drug Concentrations in the Genital Tract of HIV-Infected Women. Clin Infect Dis. March 2008.
- Moreira C, Tolentino K, Pereira J, Clark M, Cu-Uvin S, Flanigan TP, Correia A. First Glimpse from Cape Verde: women’s knowledge, attitudes and acceptability of antenatal HIV testing. Int J STD AIDS. December 2009.
- Mitchell C, Moreira C, Fredricks D, Paul K, Caliendo A, Kurpewski J, Ingersoll J, Cu-Uvin S. Detection of Fastidious Vaginal Bacteria in Women with HIV Infection and Bacterial Vaginosis. Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. November 2009.
- Moreira C, Venkate KK, DeLong A, Liu T, Kurpewski J, Ingersoll J, Caliendo AM, Cu-Uvin S. Effect of Treatment of Asymptomatic Bacterial Vaginosis on HIV-1 Shedding in the Genital Tract among Women on Antiretroviral Therapy: Pilot Study. Clin Infect Dis. September 2009.
- Briggs CS, Morcos O, Moreira C, Gupta N. Endovascular treatment of iatrogenic injury to the retrohepatic inferior vena cava. Ann Vasc Surg. May 2014.
- Didato S, Farber A, Rybin D, Kalish JA, Eslami ME, Moreira CC, Shah NK, Siracuse JJ. The effect of trainee involvement on perioperative outcomes of abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. J Vasc Surg. September 2014.
- Moreira C, Farber A, Rybin D, Doros G, Kalish J, Eberhardt RT, Siracuse JJ, Hamburg NM. Racial differences in treatment approaches and mortality following arterial trauma. Vasc Endovascular Surg. October 2015.
- Moreira CC, Farber A, Kalish JA, Eslami MH, DiDato S, Rybin D, Doros G, Siracuse JJ. The effect of anesthesia type on major lower extremity amputation in functionally impaired elderly patients. J Vasc Surg. November 2015.
- Moreira CC, Leung AD, Farber A, Rybin D, Doros G, Siracuse JJ, Kalish J, Eslami MH. Alternative Conduit for Infrageniculate Bypass in Patients with Critical Limb Ischemia. J Vasc Surg. July 2016.
East Greenwich - 1407 South County Trail Building 4, Suite 423/locations/east-greenwich-ri/