Stephanie Lueckel, MD, FACS
Associate Professor of Surgery, Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Accepting New Patients
Board Certification: American Board of Surgery
Education: Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia,PA
Residency: General Surgery - Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA
Fellowship: Trauma and Surgical Critical Care - R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
Memberships in Societies:
Fellow - American College of Surgeons (FACS)
Society of Critical Care Medicine
New England Surgical Society
Rhode Island Medical Society
Hospital Affiliations: Rhode Island Hospital
- Cohen D, Levinson A, Mazer J, Lueckel S, Carino G, Mermel L. Insertion and use of arterial catheters: a survey of clinician antiseptic technique. R I Med J (2013). 2014 Aug 1;97(8):24-7.
- Cohen DM, Carino GP, Heffernan DS, Lueckel SN, Mazer J, Skierkowski D, Machan JT, Mermel LA, Levinson AT. Arterial Catheter use in the ICU: A National Survey of Antiseptic Technique and Perceived Infectious Risk. Crit Care Med. 2015 Nove;43(11):2346-53.
- Gregg SC, Heffernan DS, Connolly MD, Stephen AH, Lueckel SN, Harrington DT, Machan JT, Adams CA Jr, Cioffi WG. Teaching Leadership in Trauma Resuscitation: Immediate feedback from a real-time, competency-based evaluation tool shows long-term improvement in resident performance. J Trauma Acute Care Surg, 2016 Oct: 81(4):729-34.
- Sawhney JS, Stephen AH, Nunez H, Lueckel SN, Kheirbek T, Adams CA Jr, Cioffi WG, Heffernan DS. Impact of Type of Health Insurance on Infection Rates among Young Trauma Patients. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2016 Oct 17(5):541-6.
- Kao MJ, Nunez H, Monaghan SF, Heffernan DS, Adams CA Jr, Lueckel SN, Stephen AH. Trauma patients who present in a delayed fashion: a unique and challenging population. J Surg Res. 2017 Feb;208:204-210.
- Lueckel SN, Teno JM, Stephen AH, Benoit E, Kheirbek T, Adams CA Jr, Cioffi WG, Thomas KS. The Population of Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in Skilled Nursing Facilities: A Decade of Change. J Head Trauma Rehabil, May 2018.
- Lueckel SN, Kosar CM, Teno JM, Monaghan SF, Heffernan DS, Cioffi WG, Thomas KS. Outcomes in Nursing Home Patients with Traumatic Injury. Surgery, accepted May 2018.
Providence - 2 Dudley Street, Suite 470