Theresa A. Graves, MD, FACS
Director of the Breast Center, Lifespan Cancer Institute
Director of the Center for Breast Care, Brown Surgical Associates
Associate Professor of Surgery (Clinical), Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Accepting New Patients
Board Certification: American Board of Surgery
Education: The Robert Larner, MD College of Medicine at the University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
Residency: General Surgery - Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC
Fellowship: Critical Care - Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, and U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research, San Antonio, TX
Memberships in Societies:
Fellow - American College of Surgeons (FACS)
American Society of Breast Surgeons
Association for Academic Surgery
Association of Women Surgeons
New England Surgical Society
The Miriam Hospital
Rhode Island Hospital
- Howe CL, Mooseker MS, Graves TA: Brush Border Calmodulin: A major component of the isolated microvillus core. J Cell Biol 85:916-923, 1980.
- Mooseker MS, Graves TA, Falco NA, Wharton KA, Howe CL: The regulation of microvillus structure: Calcium-dependent solation and cross-linking of actin filaments in the microvilli of intestinal epithelial cells. J Cell Biol 87:809-822, 1980.
- Graves TA, Cioffi WG, McManus WF, Mason AD, Pruitt BA: Fluid resuscitation of infants and children with massive thermal injury. J Trauma 28:1656-1669, 1988.
- Cioffi WG, Graves, TA, McManus WF, Pruitt BA: High-frequency percussive ventilation in patients with inhalation injury. J Trauma 29:350-354, 1989.
- Graves TA, Cioffi WG, Mason AD, McManus WF, Pruitt BA: Relationship of transfusion and infection in a burn population J Trauma 19:938-964, 1989.
- Cioffi WG, Rue LW, Graves TA, McManus WF, Mason AD, Pruitt BA: Prophylactic use of high-frequency ventilators in patients with inhalation injury. Ann Surg 213 (6):575-582, 1991.
- Graves TA, Cioffi WG, Vaughan GM, Pratt L, Hcironimus JD, McManus WF, Pruitt BA Jr: The renal effects of low-dose dopamine in thermally injured patients. J Trauma 35:97-103, 1993.
- Graves TA, Bland KI: Comorbidity risk parameters associated with advanced breast cancer and systemic disease (management of non-breast disease). Surgical Oncology Clinics of North America 4(4):633-656, 1995.
- Graves TA, Bland KI: Surgery for early and minimally invasive cancer. Review. Current Opinion in Oncology 8(6):468-477, 1996.
- Winchester DJ, Chang HR, Graves TA, Menck HR, Bland Kl, Winchester DP: A comparative analysis of lobular and ductal carcinoma of the breast: Presentation, treatment and outcomes. J. Am Coll Surg. 186(4):416-422, 1998.