Joshua Honeyman, MD
Assistant Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics, Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Accepting New Patients
Board Certification: American Board of Surgery (General Surgery, Surgical Critical Care)
Medical School: Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Providence, RI
Residency: General Surgery - Rutgers University Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ
Pediatric Surgery - Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
Research - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York City, NY, and The Rockefeller University in New York
Memberships in Societies:
American College of Surgeons
American Pediatric Surgical Association
Children's Oncology Group
Hasbro Children's Hospital
Rhode Island Hospital
- Taback B, Honeyman J, Liu C, DeRaffele G, Kaufman HL. Complete surgical resection of residual melanoma metastasis and survival in stage IV patients following high-dose IL-2 therapy. 2008 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting. J Clin Oncol 26: 2008 (May 20 suppl; abstr 20000)
- Rich B, Williams A, Honeyman J, Smith P, La Quaglia MP, Simon S. Antibody Response to Tumor. 2011 American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting.
- Rich B, McEvoy M, Honeyman J, Knowles M, Shaha A, Sklar C, La Quaglia MP. Progression-free survival in well-differentiated thyroid cancer in pediatric and adolescent patients. American Pediatric Surgical Association 2011 Annual Meeting.
- Rich B, McEvoy M, Honeyman J, Busam K, Walchak J, Dunkel I, LaQuaglia MP. Predictors of survival in childhood and adolescent cutaneous melanoma. American Pediatric Surgical Association 2011 Annual Meeting.
- Honeyman JN, Rich BS, McEvoy MP, Heller G, Riachy E, Kobos R, Wolden SL, Steinherz PG, La Quaglia MP. Factors associated with relapse and survival in Wilms’ tumor: a multivariate analysis. Presented at the American Academy of Pediatrics 2011 Annual Meeting.
- McEvoy MP, Rich BS, Honeyman JN, Jarnagin WR, La Quaglia MP. Prognostic factors and outcome in hepatocellular carcinoma occurring in childhood and adolescence. American Academy of Pediatrics 2011 Annual Meeting.
- Honeyman JN, Theilen TM, Knowles MA, McGlynn MM, Hameed M, Crago AM, Meyers P, La Quaglia MP. Desmoid fibromatosis in children and adolescents: a conservative approach to management. Accepted tor presentation at the American Pediatric Surgical Association 2012 Annual Meeting.
- Lim II, Honeyman J, Fialkowski E, Murphy J, Price A, Abramson S, La Quaglia M, Heaton T. Experience with Retroperitoneal Partial Nephrectomy in Bilateral Wilms Tumor. EUPSA Annual Meeting 2014.
- Rich B, McEvoy MP, Honeyman JN, La Quaglia MP. Hodgkin lymphoma presenting with chest wall involvement. J Pediatric Surgery 2011; 46:1835-1837.
- Honeyman JN, Rich BS, McEvoy MP, Knowles M, Heller G, Riachy E, Kobos R, Woldon, Steinherz, La Quaglia MP. Factors associated with relapse and survival in Wilms’ tumor: a multivariate analysis. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2012; 47(6):1228-1233.
- Shanker BA, Chernyavsky VS, Johnson K, Honeyman JN, Davidov T. Repair of a traumatic lumbar hernia with biosynthetic mesh: a novel approach and review of the literature. J Curr Surg 2012; 2(3):105- 109.
- Honeyman JN, Theilen TM, Knowles MA, McGlynn MM, Hameed M, Meyers P, Crago AM, La Quaglia MP. Desmoid fibromatosis in children and adolescents: a conservative approach to management Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2013; 48(1): 62-66.
- Riachy E, Krauel L, Rich BS, McEvoy MP, Honeyman JN, Boulad F, Wolden SL, Herr HW, La Quaglia MP. Risk factors and predictors of severity score and complications in pediatric hemorrhagic cystitis. Journal of Urology 2014; 191(1): 186-92
- Honeyman JN, Simon Rabine N, Chiaroni-Clarke R, Darcy DG, Lim IIP, Gleason CE, Murphy JM, Rosenberg BR, Teegan L, Takacs CN, Botero S, Belote R, Germer Emde AK, Vacic V, Bhanot U, La Quaglia MP, Simon SM. Detection of a Recurrent DNAJB1-PRKACA Chimeric Transcript in Fibrolamellar Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Science 2014; 343: 1010
- Rich BS, Honeyman JN, Darcy DG, Smith PT, Williams AR, Lim 11, Johnson LK, Gonen M, Simon JS, La Quaglia MP, Simon SM. Endogenous Antibodies for Tumor Detection. Sci Rep 2014; 4: 5088
- Lim II, Honeyman JN, Fialkowski EA, Murphy JM, Price AP, Abramson SJ, Quaglia MP, Heaton TE. Experience with retroperitoneal partial nephrectomy in bilateral Wilms tumor. Eur J Pediatr Surg 2014; Epub ahead of print.
- Darcy DG, Chiaroni-Clarke R, Murphy JM, Honeyman JN, Bhanot U, LaQuaglia MP, Simon SM. The Genomic Landscape of Fibrolamellar Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Whole Genome Sequencing of Ten Patients. Oncotarget 2015; 6(2): 755-770
- Simon EP, Freije CA, Farber BA, Lalazar G, Darcy DG, Honeyman JN, Chiaroni-Clarke R, Dill BD, Molina H, Bhanot UK, La Quaglia MP, Rosenberg BR, Simon SM. Transcriptomic characterization of fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma. PNAS 2015; 112(44): E5916-25
- Honeyman J.N., La Quaglia M.P. Desmoid Tumors in the Pediatric Population. Cancers. 2012; 4(1):295- 306.
- Honeyman JN, La Quaglia MP. Malignant Liver Tumors. Seminars in Pediatric Surgery 2012; 21(3):245- 254.
- Honeyman JN, La Quaglia MP. In Rickham’s Neonatal Surgery, ed., Springer. 2018.
- Darcy DG, Honeyman JN, La Quaglia MP. Liver Tumors. In Pediatric Surgery, Submitted.
Providence - 2 Dudley Street, Suite 190