Eric Benoit, MD
Assistant Professor of Surgery, Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Accepting New Patients
Board Certification: American Board of Surgery (General Surgery, Surgical Critical Care)
Medical School: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
Residency: General Surgery - Brigham and Women's Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Tufts Medical Center (Chief Resident), all in Boston, MA
Fellowship: Surgical Critical Care - Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI
Memberships in Societies:
American College of Surgeons
Society of Critical Care Medicine
The Miriam Hospital
Rhode Island Hospital
Women & Infants Hospital
- Haluska F, Thiele C, Goldstein A, Tsao H, Benoit E, Housman D. Lack of phospholipase A2 mutations in neuroblastoma, melanoma, and colon cancer cell lines. International Journal of Cancer. 72: 337-339. 1997.
- Tsao H, Benoit E, Sober A, Thiele C, Haluska F. Novel mutations in the p16/CDKN2A binding region of the cyclin-dependent-kinase 4 gene. Cancer Research. 58: 109-113. 1998.
- Tsao H, Zhang X, Benoit E, Haluska F. Identification of PTEN/MMAC1 alterations in uncultured melanomas and melanoma cell lines. Oncogene. 16: 3397-3402. 1998.
- Duxbury M, Ito H, Benoit E, Zinner M, Ashley S, Whang E. RNA interference targeting focal adhesion kinase enhances pancreatic adenocarcinoma gemcitibine chemosensitivity. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 311(3): 786-792. 2003.
- Ito H, Duxbury M, Benoit E, Clancy T, Zinner M, Ashley S, Whang E. Prostaglandin E2 enhances pancreatic cancer invasiveness through an Ets-1-dependent induction of matrix metalloproteinase-2. Cancer Research. 64(20): 7439-46. 2004.
- Duxbury M, Ito H, Benoit E, Ashley S, Whang E. CEACAM6 is a determinant of pancreatic adenocarcinoma cellular invasiveness. British Journal of Cancer. 91(7): 1384-90. 2004.
- Ito H, Duxbury M, Benoit E, Farivar R, Gardner-Thorpe J, Zinner M, Ashley S, Whang E. Fibronectin-induced COX-2 mediates MMP-2 expression and invasiveness of rhabdomyosarcoma. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 318(2): 594-600. 2004.
- Duxbury M, Ito H, Benoit E, Waseem T, Ashley S, Whang E. A novel role for carcinomaembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 6 as a determinant of gemcitabine resistance in pancreatic adenocarcinoma cells. Cancer Research. 64(11): 3987-93. 2004.
- Duxbury M, Ito H, Benoit E, Zinner M, Ashley S, Whang E. Retrovirally mediated RNA interference targeting the M2 subunit of ribonucleotide reductase: A novel therapeutic strategy in pancreatic cancer. Surgery. 136(2): 261-9. 2004.
- Duxbury M, Ito H, Benoit E, Zinner M, Ashley S, Whang E. Overexpression of CEACAM6 promotes insulin-like growth factor I-induced pancreatic adenocarcinoma cellular invasiveness. Oncogene. 23(34): 5834-42. 2004.
- Shah S, Cima R, Benoit E, Breen E, Bleday R. Rectal complications after prostate brachytherapy. Diseases of the Colon & Rectum. 47(9): 1487-92. 2004.
- Duxbury M, Ito H, Benoit E, Waseem T, Ashley S, Whang E. RNA interference demonstrates a novel role for integrin-linked kinase as a determinant of pancreatic adenocarcinoma cell gemcitabine chemoresistance. Clinical Cancer Research. 11(9): 3433-8. 2005.
- Rocha F, Benoit E, Zinner M, Whang E, Banks P, Ashley S, Mortele J. Impact of radiologic intervention on mortality in necrotizing pancreatitis: the role of organ failure. Archives of Surgery. 144(3): 261-5. 2009.
- Benoit E, O’Donnell TF, Iafrati MD, Asher E, Bandyk DF, Hallett JW, Lumsden AB, Pearl GJ, Roddy SP, Vijayaraghavan K, Patel AN. The role of amputation as an outcome measure in cellular therapy for critical limb ischemia: implications for clinical trial design. Journal of Translational Medicine. 9: 165. 2011.
- Benoit E, O’Donnell TF, Kitsios GD, Iafrati MD. Improved amputation free survival in unreconstructable critical limb ischemia and its implications for clinical trial design and quality measurement. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 55(3): 781-9. 2012.
- Benoit E, O’Donnell TF, Patel AN. Safety and efficacy of autologous cell therapy in critical limb ischemia: a systematic review of the literature. Cell Transplantation. 22(3): 545-62. 2013.
- Siracuse J, Benoit E, Burke J, Carter S, Schwaitzberg S. Development of a web-based surgical booking and informed consent system to reduce the potential for error and improve communication. Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety. 40(3): 126-33. 2014.
- Lueckel SN, Teno JM, Stephen AH, Benoit E, Kheirbek T, Adams CA Jr, Cioffi WG, Thomas KS. Population of patients with traumatic brain injury in skilled nursing facilities: A decade of change. J Head Trauma Rehabil. 34(1): E39-45. 2019.
Providence - 2 Dudley Street, Suite 470