Jeffrey M. Slaiby, MD, FACS, RPVI
Associate Professor of Surgery (Clinical), Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Accepting New Patients
American Board of Surgery (General Surgery, Vascular Surgery)
Alliance for Physician Certification & Advancement (Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation [RPVI])
Medical School: The Robert Larner, MD College of Medicine at the University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
Residency: General Surgery - Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Providence, RI
Surgical Research - University of Vermont Department of Surgery, Burlington, VT
Vascular Surgery - Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Visiting Fellow - Arizona Heart Institute and Hospital, Phoenix, AZ
Memberships in Societies:
Fellow - American College of Surgeons (FACS)
Society for Vascular Surgery
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Society
New England Society for Vascular Surgery
The Miriam Hospital; Newport Hospital
Providence VA Medical Center
Rhode Island Hospital
- Critical Limb Ischemia »
- Infrarenal Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms »
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms »
- Carotid Artery Stenosis »
- Chronic Kidney Disease Stage III or Stage IV »
- Stirewalt WS, Low RB, Slaiby JM: Insulin sensitivity and responsiveness of epitrochlearis and soleus muscles from fed and starved rats. Biochem J 227:355-362, 1985.
- Slaiby JM, Ricci MA, Gadowski GR, Hendley ED, Pilcher DB: Expansion of aortic aneurysms is reduced by propranolol in a hypertensive rat model. J Vasc Surg 20:178-183, 1994.
- Ricci MA, Strindberg G, Slaiby JM et al: Anti-CD18 monoclonal antibody slows experimental aortic aneurysm expansion. J Vasc Surg 23:301-307, 1996.
- Slaiby JM, Crowley JP, Amaral JF: Late recurrence of Hodgkin’s disease following partial splenectomy. J Ped Surg 31:731-732, 1996.
- Ricci MA, Slaiby JM, Gadowski GR, Hendley ED, Nichols P, Pilcher DB: Effect of hypertension and propranolol upon aneurysm expansion in the Andijar/Dobrin aneurysm model. Ann NY Acad Sci 800:89-96, 1996.
- Ricci MA, Slaiby JM, Hendley ED, Stirewalt WS, Cloutier L, Nichols P, Evans JN: Hemodynamic and biochemical characteristics of the aorta in the WKY, SHR, WKHT, and WKHA rat strains. Ann NY Acad Sci 800: 121-130, 1996.
- Sheeran SR, Gestring ML, Murphy TP, Slaiby JM: Endovascular graft related iliac artery infection. JVIR 10: 877-882, 1999.
- Slaiby JM, Fan CM, Aretz HT: Case Records of the Massachusetts General Hospital: A 62-Year-Old Woman with an Infected Right Foot and Aneurysmal Dilation of a Femoral Artery. NEJM 341:1913-1921, 1999.
- Ahn SH, Cutry A, Murphy TP, Slaiby JM: Traumatic Thoracic Aortic Rupture: Treatment with Endovascular Graft in the Acute Setting. J Trauma 50: 949-951, 2001.
- Murphy TM, Ariaratnam NS, Carney WI, Marcaccio EJ, Slaiby JM, Soars GM, Kim HM. Aortoiliac insufficiency: long-term experience with stent placement for treatment. Radiology 231: 243-9, 2004
- Maslow A, Burt A, Slaiby J, Carney W, Marcaccio E: The effects of vasoactive agents on flow through saphenous vein grafts during lower extremity peripheral vascular surgery. J Cardiothoracic Vasc Anes 21: 344-50, 2007
- Tan TW, Garcia-Toca M, Marcaccio EJ, Carney WI, Machan JT, Slaiby JM: Predictors of shunt during carotid endarterectomy with routine electroencephalography monitoring. J Vasc Surg 49: 1374-8, 2009
- Johnstone JK, Garcia-Toca M, Slaiby JM, Marcaccio, EJ, Chong TT: Escherichia coli primary aortitis presenting as sequelae of incompletely treated urinary tract infection. J Vasc Surg 55:1779-81, 2012
- Johnston JK, Slaiby JM, Marcaccio EJ, Chong TT, Garcia-Toca M: Endovascular repair of mycotic aneurysm of the descending aorta. Ann Vasc Surg 27: 23-8, 2013
- Watson J, Slaiby J, Garcia-Toca M, Marcaccio EJ Jr, Chong TT: A 14-year experience with blunt thoracic aortic injury J Vasc Surg 58: 380-5, 2013
- Rajaee S, Cherkassky L, Marcaccio EJ Jr, Carney WI Jr, Chong TT, Garcia-Toca M, Slaiby JM: Open revascularization procedures are more likely to influence smoking reduction than percutaneous procedures. Ann Vasc Surg 28: 990-8, 2014
- Chun TT, Garcia-Toca M, Eng JF, Slaiby J, Marcaccio EJ Jr, Cioffi WG, Heffernan DS. Postoperative infections are associated with increased risk of cardiac events in vascular patients. Ann Vasc Surg. 2017 May;41:151-159.